Saturday, May 14, 2011

Say What? Say, Zumbaaaa!!!


Who says you have to go to a club to shake your booty?! Well, JCS did it again. She got me off the couch to try something new. Said something, Zumba! I went to a class last night after an insanely long day at the office – for which, I gave myself points for not bowing out in the 11th hour; and I'm so glad I went. I got to the gym early enough to get a stretch session in – something I often forget to do, although I know it's important – and warm-up on the elliptical. The class wasn't too crowded which was a blessing in disguise because for all that I have mad skills in the club where I can free-style, keeping up with the sign language/dance hand signals of our two instructors was a challenge. I found myself free-styling more often than not for the first half hour but by the second half, I was rocking it!!


I found out that Zumba is one of the fastest growing dance/aerobic fitness classes out there and I completely understand why. It's really fun, the music is great and the movements are simple yet deceptive as hell. My butt was aching and my legs were burning before the warm-up was over! Those tend to be the best types of work-outs for me. The kind that are fun but sneak up on you and make you realize you had an amazing full-body workout by the time you've dragged your sweaty, exhausted self out the door. They feel like mini-victories. Now I'm officially hooked and JCS and I are making this a weekly event on our work-out schedules.

No comments:

Post a Comment