Friday, May 27, 2011

Weekend Playlist: Elizabethtown Soundtrack

I've always found it interesting how people celebrate their holidays. Perhaps its because my parents are European so the way I grew up celebrating holidays is pretty different from most of my friends. But, one thing is clear...the holidays bring about times to travel and be with family. The summer holidays especially bring to mind road trips. So, I thought I'd share one of my favorite roadtrip soundtracks. You'll find I absolutely love film based compositions and film soundtracks. One of the best all around soundtracks of recent memory, and a great roadtrip album, is from the film Elizabethtown.



I love the entire soundtrack, a bit old school meets new, and since the film is about a roadtrip and about reflection...I find it fitting that it's one to hit the roads to over Memorial Day weekend. These are some of my favorite songs from the album...

Learning to Fly by Tom Petty
Jesus was a Crossmaker by The Hollies

This time around by Helen Stellar
My Father's Gun by Elton John

Hard Times by eastmountainsouth
Come Pick Me Up by Ryan Adams
Square One by Tom Petty (this is also where I got the idea for the name of my other blog..aptly named SquareOne because I love the lyrics)

Safe travels all.

No comments:

Post a Comment