Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Say What? Say, Tea!

One tip in Jackie Warner's book said that drinking green tea before going to bed is a good way to keep hunger pangs at bay during the night. As I've recently begun drinking tea - a LOT - I thought I'd give it a try since I'm kind of an insomniac and I'm down to try anything natural to help me sleep. I can safely say...it works.

A little green tea can go a long way towards helping you get a good nights sleep without waking up at 2 am wondering why you're craving a sandwich! Give it a try, it's worth it. For anyone interested in increasing their tea intake - here are a couple of my current favorites:

(1) Yogi Organic Tea - my favorite is their Calm tea. However, their Bedtime tea WILL put you to sleep. I accidentally drank some first thing in the morning at work mistaking it for the Chamomille and let's just say...my head was bobbing for a good three hours before I had enough coffee in me to counteract the effect of it. Note: they also have a special line of teas for women which are amazing.

(2) Harney and Sons Tea - this company is straight out of NY so you have to pretty much order online but it's entirely worth it. Their Hot Cinnamon Spice tea was given to me by a colleague and I've been hooked on their teas ever since. Next up: Apricot.

(3) JaponicaTafe - I met the young men behind this brand of tea at the Old Town Alexandria farmer's market. Their tea, bought from their own personal recommendations for favorites, lived up to my expectations. I bought their Organic Chai Rooisbos and their Japanese Chocolate and Almond tea. One word for both - BOSS.

I have other favorites but these are the ones I'm currently drinking the most of. Delicious-ness in every glass. I was also told there's a place in Ellicott City, MD that has high tea - I may have to organize a little outting for some tea and scones!

No comments:

Post a Comment