Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Say What? Say Motivation!!!!


There are many things that I have found in the past month to encourage and motivate me. Seeing the numbers on the scale go down, seeing the numbers of reps I can do go up. Seeing the numbers of days I'm in recovery following new work-outs decline! All good things. But at the end of the day, it's all about two things (1) how I feel and (2) how much I like how I look. Note: I'm not saying looks come first, because seriously - I like myself. It's not about that. But, if I like how I feel and look at the same time...it means I get to overhaul my closet!

One of my friends is a stylist and blogger - SR - and she is amazing. I cannot wait to work with her to update my wardrobe and get rid of all the drab black and grey (two colors I will continue to love at the end of this btw) frocks in my closet. Sidenote: while I know black is slimming...why do people who gain weight convince themselves that is tricks anyone??!! It really doesn't...you're still fat. Just in hot layers of dark cloth! The brain is one fucked up 3 lb functioning ball.

In the meantime, while I'm working on getting myself to the level of loving how I feel and look. I'm gaining motivation by the new years (resolution) move by Vogue Italia to begin to use the fashion industry as a tool to project (and in my opinion to protect) all standards of beauty. Which include the curvy ladies. I felt the most healthy in my life when I was a size 10. Not when I was a size 4...when I was a size 4...I thought I looked like an alien bobble-head doll. Seriously, I have photos and can prove it. So, I'm hoping to get back to that healthy size 10. I like being a female, I like my breasts and my booty. I like my curves. And seeing that Vogue Italia is celebrating all forms of healthy beauty at a time when we have an insane number of pro-anorexia/bulimia and - to my shock - pro-obesity websites out there...is a major boost to my motivation. I can check out tips to make my curvy self look as fierce as I am. The latest cover of Vogue Italia - for the masses - takes it to the next level. "Belle Vere" means "True Beauty" and these women are bringing the hotness for women everywhere. Brava Divas!

No comments:

Post a Comment