Saturday, May 21, 2011

Currently Reading: The Moosewood Restaurant Cooking for Health

My mother has this thing about buying me a ridiculous number of cook books every year. Note, she buys these for a daughter she won't let into her kitchen and whom she believes doesn't know how to cook. Additional note, I totally held my own making a holiday dinner this past year. All that aside, I'm currently reading a book she gave me entitled: The Moosewood Restaurant Cooking for Health. Written by a collective of chefs associated with this vegan restaurant, and institution in its own right, located in Ithaca, NY.

I have to say the introduction made a whole lot of sense to me and as I started to skip ahead to look at some of the recipe options I realized most of them sounded delicious to me and I was again struck by what constitutes something as vegetarian or vegan fare. For some reason I've never realized how much of what I eat is actually vegetarian and it would be that much better for me if I swapped out a few simple ingredients. So, I'll share my favorite recipes from this book as I go through it. I'm going to have a Julie/Julia moment with it because my ultimate goal is to have a 90/10 split between my plant/whole foods based intake and my meat/seafood intake by the time I'm done. You can see books I've reviewed, am reading or want to read at Goodreads.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment