Sunday, May 29, 2011

WorkOut Spotlight: STROGA DC

STROGA stands for "Strength and Yoga" and is an interesting new 'boutique' focused studio in the DC area. Located at the corner of Adams Mill Road and 18th Street NW in DC. I wouldn't call it a gym, more like a large work-out space that fluidly operates as a both a strength/resistance training space and a yoga/meditation space. I haven't been able to go to take any classes at this site yet but I cannot wait. For a number of reasons, first, they are the first place in DC where I've seen TRX resistance band strength training classes offered. Second, they have a wide variety of class offerings.

One specific class I cannot wait to take advantage of is their Abs class - offered 5 days a week - with a drop-in class price of $5!!!! I haven't seen a deal this good anywhere else in DC. Since abs tend to be the most dreaded of all exercises...I for one consider sitting up to get out of bed an ab workout...it's nice to see there's an option I can add to my schedule that won't break my bank. Their other drop-in pricing is reasonable (under $20) and you can sign-up for a full membership, one month unlimited options for either yoga ($89), training ($109) or both ($129), or for class packages, etc. I really appreciate the fact that they have so many options because it enables future clients to choose whatever works best for their training plan. I'll definitely be hitting up their ab classes.

Check out their class schedule HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment