Thursday, May 26, 2011

Next up: Longboarding

My nephew is a skater. He has his long shaggy hair and likes to go out and ride. Unfortunately, every one of the adults who could ride with him went ahead and got old, scared and - in his opinion - BORING. Since I never had my skater rebellion I took on the challenge of learning how to skate to be able to enjoy something with my nephew that he enjoys. Seeing this video only made me want to do it more.

I've always been envious of longboarders who cruise around the city, standing tall on their boards with a slight bend in their backs...chillin. So, after anti-gravity yoga (more info on the classes for that coming soon)...I'm going to attempt to learn how to longboard (yikes!...I mean...Ballin!!).

Note: I define my ability to "skate" as being to stand on a board and not hop off after the first five seconds...no tricks need be involved!



No comments:

Post a Comment