Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thank you Mr. Flores


I'm one of those people who don't think there's many good things to say about NJ. I could apologize for it but, I won't. Instead, I keep the door open to be pleasantly surprised by NJ from time to time. Recently, I had such a moment. While trolling through ToughMudder videos on YouTube, to get an idea of what type of work-outs I could do to prep for the event, I came across a video posted by a trainer out of NJ – who I found out had trained to run the race with his own team. His name, Christopher Flores. At the end of his video, which showed the proper way to do specific exercises he'd identified as being useful in overcoming the obstacles within the race, he offered to send his plan to anyone interested in it.


I immediately sent him an email asking for his work-out plan and within two days I received a response. Now, my team (the Sloppy 'G.I' Joes) has a plan we can work on individually and with our group work-outs leading up to the race. His YouTube page also includes great work-out suggestions for individual and partner work-outs and I'm looking forward to trying them out. His advice was to focus on our miles and cardio so I've joined LiveStrong's 'Monthly Mile Challenge" group to monitor and keep track of the number of miles (running, walking, biking, etc.) I log for each month.



So this is a big shout out and thank you to Mr. Flores (aka the Hotness), one of those pleasant surprises straight out of NJ. p.s. if you're in NJ you might want to check out his gym – Flo Fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment