Monday, May 23, 2011

What's in your cubby??!!!

My office is a den of saboteurs. Faithful desk jockeys and well meaning co-workers, and the sneakiest of all saboteur partner-in-crime - their wives. They lay in wait for the perfect time to strike with a homemade confection of epic sugary deliciousness. Even the plastic container the treat is nestled within smells good! Lucky for me, I don't have much of a sweet tooth. But sometimes, especially in the early hours of the day when someone comes in with warm pastries it's hard to resist. When one said sabateur brought in yet another custom made cake - this time a coconut vanilla bean cake - it made me take a good look at what was in my cubicle.

I thought I'd stocked it with healthy options, jello packs, instant oatmeal, crystal light, Kashi cereal. But alas, my journey into food literacy made me realize 90% of what was in my cubby should not have been in my cubby. So, today is a purge day. I would give everything to other people but that would make me a sabateur for someone else (since 90% of the people in my office, as in every place I've ever worked, is on some kind of diet or exercise plan) so I'm just going to have to switch everything up. "Operation Cubby Control" is a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment