Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Unexpected News and Upcoming Projects

This week has been an intense and it's only Tuesday! I received some amazing news about a new opportunity at work. I just found out - like 10 seconds ago - I've been invited to write for the Examiner.com in the Arts/Entertainment section. I'll put a link to my page up when I have it so you can see what I'm writing about the scene in DC - luckily I have a lot of friends who keep me up to date on various events in the area. Finally, I'm working on pulling together a collection of poem for a chapbook I'm working on. Whew!!!

On top of all that, I'm trying to get myself in order to be able to work-out, eat smart, and all the rest. So as I said, this week has been intense! But, I'll take "problems" like these any day of the week! It's been a humbling, exciting, and empowering week so far and I have some choices to make!

For some reason whenever I'm going through some things in my life - which all seem to come around the same time - I listen to Baz Luhrman's "Everybody's Free". Every single lyric is significant to me and I just love this piece. If you haven't heard this open letter from an unexpected source - in Mr. Luhrman (based off of a article written by Mary Schmich) - here it is...






Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) by michaelsolomou

No comments:

Post a Comment