Saturday, May 14, 2011

Turkey Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza

This recipe is a great one for parties and the like because it can make up to two medium sized pizzas if you roll out the dough thinly – which I would recommend to get the crispiness on the crust. A friend gave me the original recipe and I've modified it a little since. I've been in love with it since the first time I had it because it's easy to make, fun to make, and you can add to it what you will in terms of spices, herbs, veggies, or the works if you like. Since this isn't a recipe I'd make for myself, due to the quantity the recipe produces, it's a huge treat when I get it.



I like my pizza with pepperoni and sausage so I've made the recipe herein for that – but like I said, you can do anything with it.


Groceries:

Yeast
All Purpose Flour – Wheat
Tomato Sauce
Black Pepper
Garlic Powder
Red Pepper Flakes
Parsley
Oregano
Turkey Pepperoni
Low-sodium, Low-fat Sausage

Directions:

Dough:
1 teaspoon yeast
1 ½ cup hot water
3 cups flour

Mix yeast, water, and flour in a bowl and knead well. Add more flour as needed to make the dough firm. Cut into two balls, cover in vegetable oil and place in large Ziploc bags for 1-2 hours. Note: keep bags in a warm/dark place to expand the dough quickly.

Sauce and Toppings:
1 cup tomato sauce (or however much sauce you like on your pizza)
1 teaspoon of each spice: black pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, parsley, oregano
Serving size of Turkey Pepperoni and Sausage (as per the labels instructions)

Mix all spices in with the tomato sauce. Roll out dough, add sauce and toppings. Place pizza on two square baking sheets, or a pizza pan, put non-stick spray on the pans for easy removal after baking.
Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees, cook for 8-10 minutes on the pan (remove from the pan after 8 minutes and leave to finish cooking in the oven if you like a crispier crust).

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment