Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Currently Reading: 2010 USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans

As someone whose career and life is guided by policy - especially the policy adopted and set-forth by the government - I figure the first step towards increasing my nutrition literacy is to start at the source. So, on my last day off following the Memorial Day holiday. I'm reading the USDA's 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.

I look forward to seeing what they set forth as the basic needs for Americans - especially since I believe this study/report focuses on the guidelines for adults. More information can be found here: http://www.mypyramid.gov/guidelines/PolicyDoc.pdf. These guidelines are required by law to be updated every 5 years. From the table of contents the breakdown of information shows a comprehensive examination of food/exercise requirements. I'll post my thoughts after I've finished reading the 112 page document!

No comments:

Post a Comment